CONNECT GROW SERVE
We believe that community is essential for abundant living within our church walls as well as in the world around us. All of our groups for adults offer the objectives to:
Connect with others
Grow in our faith journeys
Serve alongside one another
Each group focuses specifically on one of the three objectives in a unique way. All visitors, guests, and members are encouraged to check out our opportunities to Connect, Grow, and Serve in the church and community around us.
We have several ways to connect with others based on different interests and life seasons. We have large Connect Groups for senior adults (Pillars), young adults (Branches) and smaller Connect Groups like book clubs, six week small groups, and topical support groups. Our Connect Groups offer the opportunity to meet new people in the church and community, while having a chance to explore topics of faith and life in safe and friendly settings.
- Pillars (Senior Adults), Wednesday Mornings, ongoing
- Branches Young Adults Group, Sunday Evenings, ongoing
- Book Club, Managing Worry & Anxiety, JJ. Holthaus, March 7, 3:00 PM
- Topical Support Groups
- Six Week Small Groups
One of the greatest ways to understand God’s work in our lives is studying together in community. Our Grow Groups are mid-size to small groups who study Scripture, Christian living curriculum, or relevant topics that shape our understanding of God’s work in the world around us.
Sunday Morning Grow Groups
Our Sunday classes do not require a sign-up, however, if you would like to be added to the myMDRC group for future communications, please check one of the following:
- The Bridge Grow Group, led by Dave Vander Werff and Gerrad Clausen, Zoom, 8:30 AM
All are welcome to join us online when they are able. Studies are video led and have no homework.
- Meredith Drive Grow Group, led by Arlan Van Roekel, Zoom, ongoing, 10:00 AM
Join us to go through Feasting on the Word, an in-depth study that follows the Liturgical calendar.
- Meredith Drive Sermon Discussion, led by Pastor Gary Hanson, Zoom, Sundays, 10:15 AM
Join us on Zoom to go over each week's sermon after the service on Sundays beginning January 24.
Weekday Grow Groups
For zoom links and specific information on curriculum and format, a leader will contact you after receiving your sign up. Ongoing groups are open to new members! Be sure to sign up if you are interested! Please check back often as new studies and groups are formed throughout the year.
- Men's Bible Study, Every other Monday, 7 :00 PM
- Saturday A.M. Guys, 7:00 AM
- Friday Morning Study, Begins March 6, 9:30-11:00 AM, Meredith Drive campus, Room 234-236
- Join us for a six-week study using Beth Moore's Chasing Vines, as we explore the ways God delights in watching things grow and how the Vineyard holds the secret to how we can have a more abundant and meaningful life. As she traces the metaphor through Scripture, Beth uncovers how every part of our own lives, even the rockiest, most difficult soil, is used by God to make a difference for His Kingdom. The participant book is $10. Led by Barb Van Roekel.
- The Color of Compromise, Tuesdays, February 23 - March 30, 7:00 PM
- Trish Berry and Dale Vanderwilt are co-facilitating a group that will discuss the Right Now Media study, The Color of Compromise with Jamar Tisby.
Lenten Small Groups
A short-term small group is a great way to get to connect with others on a weekly basis in a relaxed small group setting. We will be providing Lent-focused material. Sign up for your preferred day on the form below and we will add you to a group. Groups begin the week of February 21st. Questions? Contact Angie at email@example.com
A great way to connect with others at MDRC, is serving others by using our passions and talents on Sunday mornings, during the week, and for special events as they arise. Serve Groups also offer a chance to connect with other volunteers who share similar interests, as well as the members who attend our church and events.
- Sunday Hospitality
- Kids Ministry
- Student Ministry