Welcome To Kids Ministry
We understand there are many details to consider this year when registering your child(ren). We’ve worked to create robust online and in-person opportunities.
- Given the current pandemic circumstances, we believe it is best to allow parents to care for their own child in our nurseries as needed beginning September 13. To minimize direct contact between family groups, children, and volunteers, we will not be staffing volunteers. Toys will be rotated in and out every week and thoroughly cleaned.
Kids Ministry Preschool-5th Grade Sunday Morning Programming Options
Online Kids Connection – Fall 2020
Parents, please consider the following while making the best registration decision for your child(ren) this fall.
- Begins Sunday, September 13, for ALL families. Our online virtual classroom will be available every week throughout the year for any family to utilize at home. *Please note there is a three-week gap before any in-person programming begins.
- Orange Curriculum - We will be utilizing the Orange Curriculum this year. Parents/children will need to go to our website to find the weekly lesson to complete at home using our virtual classroom.
- The virtual classroom for online students will be age-specific with a classroom for early childhood and a classroom for elementary students.
- Monthly activity kits prepared by our Kids Ministry coordinators will be available (beginning October 4) for any student who is registered to participate in Online Kids Connection.
- Students who register for Online Kids Connection will be given a monthly kit with supplies. Supplies will include materials for activities and lesson crafts to complete at home with the online lesson.
- Online lesson components will include music, scripture memory, teaching video, and coordinating activities. Lessons will be self-guided by clicking on virtual classroom objects to complete the various components.
- Kids Ministry Coordinators will continue to send weekly emails to families as needed to inform them of any lesson details pertinent for that week.
In-Person Kids Connection – Fall 2020
Parents, Please consider the following while making the best registration decision for your child(ren) this fall.
- Begins Sunday, October 4, for all families who register for in-person programming.
*Please note there is a three-week gap (September 13 20, and 27) where all families will need to utilize the virtual classroom lessons, which will be found on this page every week.
- Orange Curriculum will be used for our in-person option. We are excited to begin using this awesome curriculum for both in-person and online options. Please note that our in-person class will be a blended curriculum option to serve family groups with children of different ages.
- Families will check in to the worship service upon arrival with their children. Families will sit together in worship until dismissal to Family-style Kids Connection during the morning offering.
- This in-person option requires that one adult attend Kids Connection with their child(ren) in family groups.
- This is to help create a structured environment where parents can help their children implement new masking and social distancing guidelines while with us each week. This will also minimize staff, volunteer, and family group contact.
- Room locations have yet to be determined based on the number of in-person registrants, social distancing needs, and space allotments.
- Students who register for the in-person Kids Connection option will participate in socially distanced music time, large-group Bible teaching, and activities. We will not utilize any games or activities that require large motor movement. Family groups will stay primarily in one spot together for the duration of Kids Connection. We anticipate having a 30-35 minute session for in-person Kids Connection. We anticipate concluding the lesson and dismissing families at or near the end of the worship service time.
Key Programming Decisions for Kids Ministry
- Sundays dedicated to Kids Ministry. No Wednesday Night programming for kids at this time. This allows for less congestion in the spaces used and the ability to offer a safe in-person option re-allocating volunteer help on Sundays.
- Masks are to be worn by all students and volunteers age three and up as able.
- We will follow guidelines set forth in our community and by the CDC as we are able to do so. Current guidelines state children under two years old should not wear masks.
- We understand that younger children in our Kids Ministry program might not be able to wear a mask appropriately. While staff and volunteers will do their best to socially distance children, it is unlikely that small children will be able to maintain this expectation at all times. We are asking parents, guardians, and adults to be aware of this potential risk and have grace in the midst of this as parents, children, and volunteers do the best they can to participate in masking and social distancing.
Considerations for Kids Ministry
- If shutting down the church or Kids Ministry is warranted based on current government/health pandemic conditions, all Kids Ministry / Student Ministry programming will default to our online option for all families.
- Final details, adjustments, and implementations will need to be made as data on registration numbers become more clear.
- Sustainability for staff and willing volunteers has been a necessary consideration as we’ve sought to provide the best options possible under current pandemic conditions.
- At this time, we have not planned any additional events for Kids Ministry. We hope to focus on safely implementing our Sunday options and evaluate as the year goes on.
REGISTER NOW – MEREDITH DRIVE REGISTER NOW – THE BRIDGE